Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Marshmallow Song!

For Christmas this year, my 2 year old brother got a children's boom box toy thing that just loves to play annoying music. Of course, my brother insists on carrying it around the house playing music at the highest decibel level possible. One of these songs really stuck to me though....

Introducing....

The Marshmallow.
(with random illustrations added by me. Thank you, Bing.)
((I will try to get some audio to go with the song...))


Ahem. This song goes to all the people out there who have never eaten a marshmallow, or who would love to be eating one right now.

Marshmallows, Marshmallows,

Oh how I love to eat Marshmallows!

Fluffy and white, on a fire so nice,

Oh how I love to eat Marshmallows!


First I find a perfect stick, one that won't break, and one not too big.

A forked twig is fine, to do two at a time, it's fun to roast Marshmallows!

Marshmallows, Marshmallows, oh how I love to eat Marshmallows!

Fluffy and white, on a fire so nice, oh how I love to eat Marshmellows,

{Merry Little Accordion Interlude}

I poke the Marshmellow with my stick, and I put it in the fire quick,

I turn it around, 'til it's all golden brown, I can't wait to eat my Marshmallow!

Marshmallows, Marshmallows,

Oh how I love to eat Marshmallows!

Fluffy and white, on a fire so nice,

oh how I love to eat Marshmallows,

{Fiddle Solo}

I put the Marshmallow in my mouth.

When I pull on the stick, it slides right off

When roasted just right,

I could eat them all night,

Pass me another Marshmallow!

Marshmallows, Marshmallows,

Oh how I love to eat Marshmallows!

Fluffy and white, on a fire so nice,

Oh how I love to eat Marshmallows,

{Slowing Down Heartrendingly}

Fluffy and white, on a fire so nice,

Oh how I love to eat Marshmallows!

{Dogs and Fat Kids Howl}

Thank you, Thank you,
No really, sit down. Please.














5 comments:

  1. Love this song! I sang it to my Music and Movement class last week and they also feel in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been searching for someone who remembers this! My little sister had the boombox when she was little, and I always loved this song but I could never find it again after we lost it :( Thank you for putting the lyrics up here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was it like a blue radio thing? i loved this song as a kid, and i had the blue radio. There was also a song called “bit by bit” and it sang about a banjo being broken, but in the end it was all okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone know who sang this song?! We loved it!

    ReplyDelete