Saturday, January 15, 2011

My brain on dreams.

Wow. Inception was the most stupendous, scrumptious, serious, brain stopping movie I have seen this year (the only movie I've seen this year... ha. ha.).  I won't spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it (happened to me like the second week it came out) so I'll move on. Now I am up at 9:45 on a Saturday morn with thoughts in my head that want to leave. "Hence, blogging".
 Fermatas.
I know that most of the people that read my blog currently are learned in music terminology. (learn - ed: fun word to say) 
Well, the fermata makes it's presence at the end of a phrase, song, or pretty much anywhere in between. 
Dictionary.com state that fermatas are:


the sustaining of a note, chord, or rest for a duration longer than the indicated time value, with the length of the extension at the performer's discretion.


I read this and thought "wait, we get to choose how long we hold the fermata?" 
Heh heh. :)  
That could be fun. 


Ok. My creative juices aren't flowing quite yet today. 
It was a try. 
At least I didn't go to Walmart at 6:30 A.M. again. I did try to get into Wendy's. They were closed. Or the employees were on strike. Or all of the employers were holding fermatas. Pick one.


Goodnight!
Back to bed for me. 
I'll start the day in an hour or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment